Each business situation is unique. We create effective solutions to address your specific commercial needs.
Our focus is to develop a deep understanding the evidence behind your brand and therapeutic area and to creatively harness this knowledge to deliver compelling communications that assist you achieve your goals.
Scius is an RACGP accredited QI&CPD provider with more than a decades’ experience. Our activities are highly interactive, engender behaviour change and advance clinical practice.
We have developed a wide range of educational activities including:
- Focused 30 minute programmes designed to be conducted during a luncheon meeting
- Interactive workshops typically 1 to 2 hours in duration (RACGP Category 2 activities)
- Active learning modules, minimum 6 hours in duration (RACGP Category 1 activities)
- Clinical audits (RACGP Quality Improvement Category 1 activities)
- Journal clubs
- Online learning (Active learning modules and Category 2 activities)
Activities have been accredited with peak healthcare colleges, including:
- Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP)
- Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM)
- Australian Pharmacy Council
- Australian College of Nursing
Clinical audits are powerful tools for changing clinical practice and generating data. Scius has developed a range of clinical audits that have delivered clinical change, business results and clinical evidence, having been published in peer-reviewed journals.
Published audits include:
- The clinical challenge of opioid-induced constipation: insights from the opioid-induced constipation clinical audit. J General Practice 2016;4:1-5
- Improving management of Type 2 Diabetes, Findings of the Type2Care clinical audit. Australian Family Physician 2013;42(1/2):57-60
- Acne, Best practice management Australian Family Physician 2010;39(7):1-5
- An Australian pharmacy audit of the management of heartburn and the role of over-the-counter proton pump inhibitors. Australian Pharmacist 2010; 29:526-528
- Bones beyond 70–insights into osteoporosis management in the elderly. Australian Family Physician 2010;39:767-772
We develop the full range of medical communications including e-detailers, clinical resources, in-services, case studies, and patient resources. In addition, we help our clients run successful clinical meetings.
Medical Writing and Publication Planning
Peer-reviewed published papers are the cornerstone of medical marketing. Scius is experienced in supporting manuscript development. Our processes comply with the highest ethical standards including Good Publication Practice guidelines (GPP3). We adopt a flexible to match the individual needs of the authors we work with.
Our experience goes beyond medical writing and includes performing the literature searches and data extraction to support systematic reviews and meta-analysis.
In addition to supporting the development of manuscripts we can optimise the use of data by developing targeted publication plans.
Publications supported by Scius include:
- Transdermal buprenorphine relieves neuropathic pain: a randomized, double-blind, parallel-group, placebo-controlled trial in diabetic peripheral neuropathic pain. Diabetes Care 2016; 39:1493-1500
- Comparison of the effectiveness of polyethylene glycol with and without electrolytes in constipation: a systematic review and network meta-analysis BMC Gastroenterol 2016;16:42
- Thromboprophylaxis use in medical and surgical inpatients and the impact of an electronic risk assessment tool as part of a multi-factorial intervention. A report on behalf of the elVis study investigators J Thromb Thrombolysis 2011;32:279-287
- Nicotine and nicotine replacement therapy– the facts Australian Pharmacist 2006;25:969-973
Developing new news is a key driver of growth. Scius has a well-established effective process that supports the development of new claims and to refresh the communication of existing claims. In addition, we can assist generating data when there is an evidence gap or a new opportunity.
Key opinion leader development
Opinion leader development is often pivotal to brand success – be it through advisory support, their role as speakers or authors. The strength of such relationships often rests on the ability to balance their need to maintain scientific and professional integrity with your commercial needs.
Scius has a wealth of experience in identifying, engaging and working with key opinion leaders.
New Product Evaluations
Scius can assist companies evaluate new product opportunities by providing an independent evaluation of the product, including the relative strength of the clinical evidence and assessing the size of the business opportunity.